Your Privacy is Extremely Important to Us
Chancery Track may collect two types of information from you: Personal Information and Browsing Information.
(1) Personal Information. The types of personal information Chancery Track collects may include, among other things, the following categories of information (collectively, “Personal Information”):
- contact information (e.g., your name, mailing address, telephone number, email address);
- demographic information (e.g., date of birth, gender, marital status);
- resume information (e.g., education, work and military history, legal work eligibility status); and
- other information specific to you.
(2) Browsing Information. The types of browsing information Chancery Track collects may obtain non-individualized, generic information about you when you visit the Web Properties. This may include, among other things, the following categories of information (collectively, “Browsing Information”):
- Internet Protocol (or IP) address, or device ID/UDID, protocol and sequence information;
- browser language and type;
- domain name system requests;
- browsing history, such as time spent at a domain, time and date of your visit) and number of clicks;
- http headers, application client and server banners;
- operating system and fingerprinting data; and/or
- similar behavioral and usage information.
How Information Is Collected.
In the course of our business, we may collect Personal Information about you from the following sources:
- information we receive from you, or on your behalf, through forms you complete, or if you contact us, for example to raise a query;
- the correspondence you and others direct to us;
- information we receive from you through the Web Properties;
- information we receive from your computer or mobile device;
- information we receive from our partners or service providers; and
- information we receive from other sources, as permitted by applicable laws, rules and regulations.
We may collect Browsing Information from you as follows:
Web Beacons: The Web Properties may also contain electronic images known as Web Beacons (sometimes referred to as “clear gifs”). Web Beacons collect only limited information that includes a cookie number, time and date of a page view, and a description of the page on which the Web Beacon resides. We may also carry Web Beacons placed by third-party advertisers. These Web Beacons do not carry any personally identifiable information and are only used to track usage of the Web Properties and activities associated with the Web Properties.
Unique Identifier: Chancery Track may assign you a unique internal identifier to help keep track of your future visits. We use this information to gather aggregate demographic information about our visitors, and we use it to personalize the information you see on the Web Properties and some of the electronic communications you receive from us. We keep this information for our internal use, and this information is not shared with others.
Use of Information Collected.
Information collected by Chancery Track is used for three main purposes:
- To provide products and services to you or any third party service provider who is obtaining services on your behalf or in connection with a transaction involving you.
- To improve our products and services that we perform for you or for any third party service provider.
- To communicate with you and to inform you about Chancery Track’s and third parties’ products and services, jointly or independently.
When Information Is Disclosed.
We might disclose Personal Information and/or Browsing Information when required by law or in the good-faith belief that such disclosure is necessary to: (1) comply with a legal process and applicable laws; (2) enforce this Privacy Notice; (3) respond to claims that any materials, document, image, graphic, logo, design, audio, video or other information provided by you violates the rights of a third party; or (4) protect the rights, property or personal safety of Chancery Track, its users or the public.
We may share Browsing Information with third parties to demonstrate the usage patterns for Chancery Track’s advertisements, content, functionality promotions and/or services on the Web Properties.
We also reserve the right to disclose Personal Information and/or Browsing Information to take precautions against liability, to investigate and defend against any third-party claims or allegations, to assist government enforcement agencies, to protect the security or integrity of the Web Properties, and to protect the rights, property or personal safety of Chancery Track, our users or others. We reserve the right to transfer your Personal Information, Browsing Information, and any information about or from you, in connection with the merger, sale or other disposition of all or part of Chancery Track’s business and/or assets. We cannot make any representations regarding the use or transfer of your Personal Information, Browsing Information or other information that we may have in the event of our bankruptcy, reorganization, insolvency, receivership or an assignment for the benefit of creditors. You expressly agree and consent to the use and/or transfer of the foregoing information in connection with any of the above described proceedings. We cannot and will not be responsible for any breach of security by any third party or for any actions of any third party that receives any of the information that is disclosed to us.
Choices With Your Information.
Whether you submit Personal Information or Browsing Information to Chancery Track is entirely up to you. If you decide to not submit Personal Information or Browsing Information, Chancery Track may not be able to provide certain services to you.
You may opt out of any disclosure or use of your Personal Information for purposes that are incompatible with the purpose(s) for which it was originally collected or for which you subsequently gave authorization by following the instructions at the end of this Privacy Notice, or by following the procedures set forth in an electronic communication from us, if applicable. There are some uses from which you cannot opt-out, such as our use of information about you in connection with providing support that you request for the Web Properties, Chancery Track retaining your files, or a copy of your files, related to providing legal services to you, or Chancery Track enforcing its rights with respect to you or others, or defending itself against a claim brought by you or others.
Employment Opportunity Information.
For individuals interested in job opportunities with Chancery Track, the Web Properties may allow prospective employees to request additional job opportunity information or submit a response to a job opportunity. The Web Properties may be used to collect Personal Information from prospective employees for human resources recruitment purposes. By submitting any of the foregoing information, you consent to its dissemination to, and use by, us and our affiliates. The foregoing also applies to job application inquiries that you may transmit to us other than through the Web Properties.
Information From Children.
The Web Properties are not intended or designed to attract children under the age of thirteen (13). We do not collect personally identifiable information from any person that we know to be under the age of thirteen (13). You affirm that you are either more than 18 years of age, or an emancipated minor, or possess legal parental or guardian consent, and are fully able and competent to enter into the terms, conditions, obligations, affirmations, representations, and warranties set forth in this Privacy Notice, and to abide by and comply with this Privacy Notice. In any case, you affirm that you are over the age of 13, as THE WEB PROPERTIES ARE NOT INTENDED FOR CHILDREN UNDER 13 WHO ARE UNACCOMPANIED BY HIS OR HER PARENT OR LEGAL GUARDIAN.
Privacy Outside the Web Properties.
The Web Properties may contain various links to other websites, including links to various third-party service providers. Chancery Track is not and cannot be responsible for the privacy practices or the content of any of those other websites. Please check with those websites in order to determine their privacy policies and your rights under them.
European Union Users.
If you are a citizen of the European Union, please note that we may collect, transfer, and continue to use your Personal Information and Browsing Information outside the European Union for use for any of the purposes described in this Privacy Notice. By providing Chancery Track with your Personal Information and/or Browsing Information, you consent to our collection, transfer, and continued use of your Personal Information and Browsing Information in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
We make every effort to ensure that information collected through the Web Properties is not lost, misused or altered inappropriately by administering security measures. However, all information transferred over the Internet can potentially be accessed by unauthorized parties; therefore, Chancery Track cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Web Properties.
Access and Correction.
Your Consent to This Policy.
Last updated: January 27, 2017